Thursday, October 30, 2008

Coming along...

The cabinets are slowly but surely moving along. I decided to go ahead with the red color. I painted them inside with a muslin color. The doors aren't done yet, but all the drawers are. We are trying out a few different back splashes to see what we like with the tile.
We got a screaming deal on tile counter tops and since we know how to lay tile that is what we went with. Tonight will be my final coat on the posts for the eating bar. Then it is on to grout and cabinet doors.
Curtis is sanding all this week to get our basketball flooring ready. It is starting to look so good.
We have to go over it three times before it is ready to seal. The first time over it is the hardest because it was finished flooring when we bought it. All those green, red and yellow sections are a challenge to sand.
Curtis is working so hard. Last night he was up until 2:30 am. Tonight he has already been at it for a few hours. I think I will stick to the painting even though I'm sooo sick of it. Would you want to be bent over like that for 7 hours at a stretch - no thanks!!
Good job, honey!
I will show some more photos this weekend - pray for smooth sailing!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for progress!!! Love that yummy red! Your floors look pretty delicious too. :)

Lord bless Curtis for all that hard work! I can only imagine how his back must feel. :(

The Aldridge's said...

It is looking great! I love the red!

Meredith said...

It's looking so very very good! How exciting and what a wonderful hard working husband you have!

Julie D. said...

wow, meleea! it looks awesome. you guys are amazing.

Trish said...

Wow that all looks so amazing! I cannot believe that the floor looks so great! I have a very difficult time picturing the finished idea of a project, so i was having a very tough time picturing that floor looking like anything other than a basketball court.

Great work guys!

Infarrantly Creative said...

I totally understand how hard refinishing floors are. It sucks! Everything looks so great Meleea. You guys have sure made that home.

Shannon D said...

It's looking really good. I really like the red. great choice!

Eryn said...

WOW! That looks so awesome! I love the red (even though, I think I advised brown...what do I know?) I heard that red is a good color in kitchens, it's supposed to make people hungry :)

Mara said...

Meleea, it's looking sooo good!
P.S I know you've probably already been tagged, but I"m tagging you again! I know you are busy but when you get a chance, we'd all love to hear all about you!

Emma said...

MY ROOM IS SO PRETTY! Thanks dad! : )